A fantastic opportunity exists for two highly motivated, early career researchers to contribute to developing UTS’ research in the field of statistics. Under the direct supervision of Distinguished Professors Louise Ryan and Matt Wand, your role will be funded through the Australian Research Council Centre for Excellence in Mathematical and Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS).
Both professors are internationally recognised leaders in statistical science and both members of the Australian Academy of Science. Professor Wand’s main interests are in statistical methods and computational statistics, while Professor Ryan’s are more grounded in applications, especially health and the environment. Under the guidance and mentoring of Professors Ryan and Wand, you will be encouraged and supported to develop and pursue your own individual research agenda.
UTS has been granted an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1997 (NSW) (ADA) to conduct a targeted recruitment program for Women. For one of these roles, only applications from female candidates will be considered.
To be successful in securing one of the positions you will have:
- Doctoral qualifications in Statistics or related field
- Previous experience in conducting research in statistical science
- Track record of peer reviewed publications
- Familiarity with the R computing environment.
- Broad knowledge of statistical design and analysis.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently as well as the ability to work in a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and writing skills, as needed to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups to contribute constructively as a member of the University.
Remuneration & Benefits:
Base Salary Range: $78,170 to $123, 067 pa (Level A/B)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed-term basis for 2 years.
How to Apply
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please head to the UTS website and click the apply link and download the position statement.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 7 August 2019.