Thank you for considering participating in our Spotlight on Women of Maths in Australia poster project.
To complete your poster, we will need some details from you:
A photo of you of high enough resolution to be included on a large poster. A profile photo or a picture of you completing your research would be ideal.
Next, if you could please provide a short biography to introduce who you are and what you do. Some things you might consider covering are:
- What field of mathematics you work in
- What sort of projects you work on
- Key highlights in your career/something you are particularly proud of
- Details of a previous career or career trajectory
- Any detail that helps others connect with you as a person
A handful of sentences is more than enough. Use whatever style of prose that best represents you, but please keep in mind that potential audiences will include children.
The following are a series of questions that you might like to answer for your poster.
Please choose the three that appeal the most to you for inclusion on your poster:
- Why have you chosen your career?
- When did you realise you wanted a career using mathematics?
- What is a typical workday like for you?
- What excites you about research?
- Academia or Industry?
- How important is travelling?
- Do you have any advice for others who are starting a mathematical career?
- What is the most important thing about a career in mathematics that people don’t realise?
- Who has been your biggest influence or inspiration and why?
- If 20-year old you could see you now, what would they be most proud of?
When you have gathered what is needed, please email it to ACEMS Communications and Media Officer, Tim Macuga: email@example.com