The strategic objectives of the programme are:
- To build the ACEMS brand internationally as a world leader, renowned for excellence in the mathematical and statistical sciences.
- To support student and early career research projects through exposure to diverse ideas and groups from around the world.
- To provide opportunities to develop international networks, advance project planning and administrative skills, as well as experience in applying for competitive grants.
- To utilise and develop the wide international networks and collaborative partnerships of ACEMS’ mid to senior level academics and provide opportunities for these members to host and co-supervise inbound postgraduate and ECR research projects. ACEMS strongly believes that innovation is better sustained through diversity and opportunity. The International Mobility programme aims to give students and early career academics exposure to new sets of ideas, cultures and experiences. Through this programme ACEMS aims to foster the development of the next generation of internationally connected and diverse thinking world class mathematical and statistical scientists.
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
- Early Career Academics, Postdocs and graduate students.
- Research projects with collaborators overseas at mathematical and/or statistical institutes, departments and research groups.
- Projects between 1 – 6 months
- $2,000 – $10,000 funding available
- Applicants must:
- Have approval from their supervisor
- Have a planned project proposal
WHERE CAN I TRAVEL?
ACEMS currently has agreements in place for mobility between Insight Centre for Data Analytics (Ireland) and The Networks Centre (Netherlands), however the programme is not limited to these destinations,
CAN I HOST A RESEARCHER FROM OVERSEAS?
Yes! Please get in touch if you are interested in hosting an Early Career Academic from overseas and are co-supervising a relevant research project. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Officer – Claudia Deasy
FURTHER DETAILS / WHAT NEXT / CONTACT
- Submit an Expression of Interest Form – You'd like to travel but don't have a current project or international collaborators. The IMP management team can provide support identifying collaborators and other planning. Please submit the Expression of Interest Form to ask for support. You will need to be logged into the ACEMS Reportal to access the form.
- Submit application form. You will need to be logged into the ACEMS Reportal to access the form.